|Captain William F. Parrott House|
The next house south is a brick residence known as the Parrott House. Union soldier Captain William F. Parrott built this brick home during the Civil War.
Haymarket Square is in the center of the intersection between Court Street and Middle Street. The first hay market was established here in 1755. It was equipped with scales for weighing hay brought to market from nearby farms. Today Haymarket Square is a traffic island surrounded by stately homes dating from the 1800s.